KASHISH 2011 - Dates and Highlights announced
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival 2011, the second edition of India’s only mainstream LGBT film fest, promises to be BIGGER, BOLDER & QUEERER. The second edition will be held from May 25-29, 2011 at two venues in Mumbai, one of which will be a multiplex theater.
This year, the festival will showcase more than 124 films from over 23 countries.
The highlights this year:
- More feature length films than last year with some very sensitive lesbian themed features.
- Films from across the globe: from US to UK, Australia to Austria, India to Indonesia and even Argentina and Peru.
- This year, the ‘Country Focus’ will be on Israel with more than 7 films from there.
- ‘Spotlight on Filmmaker’ will shine on US filmmaker Q.Allan Brocka and 'Filmmaker in Focus' this year would be Rikki Beadle-Blair. Both will be coming to KASHISH to present their films and participate in panel discussions.
- Special package of films on Anti-Bullying and gay bashing in schools followed by a panel discussion.
- Continuing KASHISH’s mission of showcasing and promoting Indian queer shorts and short filmmakers, this year would have a fantastic collection under its ‘Indian Masala Mix’ program.
- A competition section for Best Narrative Feature too, which would include both Indian and International films made in 2010 / 2011. This is in addition to the other competitive categories awarded last year: Best Docu Feature, Best Docu Short, Best International Narrative Short and Best Indian Narrative Short.
- The Best Indian queer short film at Kashish gets to compete for the Iris Prize in UK and a cash prize of 25,000 pounds.
- Also watch out for an eminent jury comprising of award winning filmmakers, actors and media professionals.
KASHISH 2011 promises to be an event to remember for both LGBT and mainstream audiences. It will be a time to watch loads and loads of LGBT films, engage in discussions, interact with celebrities and filmmakers, participate in cultural activities and just simply have a FABULOUS time!
For further updates and information on the festival, please check:
Website: http://www.mumbaiqueerfest.com/ | Blog: http://kashishmiqff.blogspot.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Kashish.MIQFF | Twitter: http://twitter.com/Kashish2011