Call for Film Submissions for KASHISH 2014
Film Submissions now open for 5th KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival
5th KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival will be held from May 21 – 25, 2014 (tentative dates).
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is the first and only LGBTQ film festival in India to be held in a mainstream theater and the only queer festival to receive clearance from the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Over the previous 4 editions, from 2010 to 2013, the festival has grown from strength to strength, attracting close to 6500 footfalls over the 4 1/2 days of the festival at two venues. The festival, every year, usually screens around 120 – 130 films that include shorts, documentaries, features with LGBTQ themes.
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is now considered one of Mumbai”s prominent cultural event and is now seen as the biggest queer film festival in South Asia.
Please fill out the ONLINE FILM SUBMISSION FORM at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K2014-FilmSubmissionForm
This form does not have the facility to be saved. You have to fill it in one session.
However you can download a sample KASHISH 2014 Film Submission Form as a pdf here: http://mumbaiqueerfest.com/Sample-KASHISH2014-filmsubmission.pdf
This is for your reference only. Only forms filled ONLINE will be accepted.
We look forward to previewing your film for possible programming at KASHISH 2014.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Filmmakers across the world can submit features, documentaries and short films that highlight / focus on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer themes and expressions.
2. There is NO SUBMISSION FEE to submit the film. Also the festival DOES NOT PAY SCREENING FEE since it invests its limited resources in showcasing the films to the best possible extent.
3. All films SHOULD be subtitled in English. We prefer English language films too with subtitles or close-captioned for access by hearing impaired audience members.
4. Only films completed after January 1, 2011 can be submitted. Films 40 minutes or less will be considered in Short Film category.
5. The festival has both competitive and non-competitive sections. ONLY films completed after January 1, 2013 and NOT screened at any other festival in India before KASHISH 2014 may qualify for competition.
The competition categories are:
Best Narrative Feature
Best Documentary Feature
Best Documentary Short
Best International Narrative Short
Best Indian Narrative Short
Riyad Wadia award for Best Emerging Indian Filmmaker
Winners will be selected by a panel of eminent jury. Their decision will be final and is indisputable.
6. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: JANUARY 31, 2014 (postmarked)
But the festival encourages early submission, since previews begin mid November.
7. Film submissions may be made through:
a. Digital file mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org via wetransfer.com or any file share service
b. Online link on Vimeo or any website. Please enable download since the preview panel does not preview films online.
c. DVD / Flashdrive to be sent to :
Director of Programming
KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival
802, Bali Residency, Rathodi, Marve Road, Malad West, Mumbai 400095, INDIA
Please mark the envelopes: ”For Festival Purpose Only. No Commercial Value”
The festival holds no responsibility for submissions that are lost in transit or those not received on time.
No hand delivery or personal deliveries. DVD / Flashdrives are accepted only by courier or post.
8. Filmmaker/sender certifies that he or she holds the rights for submission of film/video to the festival.
9. Selected filmmakers will be notified by email by March 31, 2014
10. Only High Definition (HD) copy would be accepted for final exhibition. If selected, the filmmaker/producer has to provide a HD exhibition copy by mail / ftp share as a digital file, Data DVD or Flashdrive.
For any queries related to film submission, please write to Saagar Gupta, Director of Programming at email@example.com
You can find more information about past festivals at