KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival – South Asia’s biggest lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) film festival – returns for its 8th edition in May 2017. Voted as one of the Top 5 LGBT Film Festival in the world, KASHISH Mumbai International Queer Film Festival is South Asia’s biggest queer film festival and the only LGBT film festival in India to be held in a mainstream theater. The film festival this year will be held between May 24-May 28, 2017, at two venues in South Mumbai – the city’s iconic art deco theatre Liberty Cinema and Alliance Francaise. It is the first Indian LGBT festival to be held with approval by the Information & Broadcasting Ministry, Government of India.
THEME of KASHISH 2017 : ‘Diverse, One’
The theme of KASHISH 2017 explores the diversity of the LGBTQ community. The diverse shades of the rainbow remind us that as people we are all different and we are all unique. In the fight for an equal society, basic human rights and against laws that criminalize and discriminate, it is our shared values that bring us together. We are strongest when we come together, when we embrace one another’s uniqueness and celebrate our differences. We are Diverse, We are One.
Here’s how you can help us organise this year’s festival.
1) Share – Social Media is a powerful medium to create awareness. You can help share our social media posts that will ensure that the festival will reach out to wide audience. We have an online presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
2) Volunteer with the Festival – A large team of Volunteers help organise the festival. If you think, you have it in you to be a part of the KASHISH crew, fill in the volunteer application form. The last day for submitting your application is April 23, 2017.
3) Crowdfund KASHISH 2017 – Organising South Asia’s biggest LGBTQ festival requires funds. Now, you can help crowdfund to meet some of the expenses of the festival. This year, KASHISH is planning to raise Rs 3 lakhs through crowdfunding. which will partly fund the festival expenses including theatre and equipment rentals. To further deepen its engagement and provide a platform for Indian filmmakers who make films on LGBT themes, KASHISH 2017 crowdfunding campaign will also use part of the funds raised for a scholarship for selected filmmakers from outside Mumbai to come to the film festival and interact with the audience, film making fraternity and showcase their films. For those who contribute there are incentives like Tshirts, passes for the exclusive opening night Red Carpet party and Dress Circle seats.
4) Connect us to a Sponsor – Help us reach out to Companies, Organizations and Brands who can help us with sponsorships, associations and marketing tie-ups to make KASHISH 2017 bigger, better and more impactful by adding greater value to it. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for sponsorship and advertising opportunities. For more details, Click here
5) Host A Visiting Filmmaker – You can host a visiting filmmaker in your spare room. Write to us at email@example.com.
6) Give Us Love – Send us your love and best wishes.